For families with children or couples planning children, it is important to pay attention to walking routes and proximity to green spaces, as well as spaces where groups of children can play safely. Also, pay attention to public lighting, if you have children, it is very important that the area is well lit
The proximity of kindergartens and schools, and possibly sports, children’s and cultural centers with a good range of activities for children, is also important so that it does not become a true joke that “driving is half parenthood”.
In the building itself, it is important that there is an elevator, if you are above the second floor, because of baby strollers and other “bagages” that parents carry on a daily basis.
If you are buying a “girl’s” or “boy’s” apartment
If you are in adulthood or if you are sensitive to noise and light sleep – check:
- who lives in the apartment above (young children make noise, and if you are unable to tolerate it, it is better not to be there than to expect the children to sit quietly at home)
- traffic in the street (our old buses make a lot of noise)
- Are there any brewery / industrial facilities or crafts nearby?
- are there nightclubs nearby (sometimes hard to see from the street)
- someone may be bothered by schoolyard / kindergarten material, check for neighborhoods
Elderly people may be disturbed by the lack of thermal comfort and should therefore seek a central heating apartment.